Home

Monday, July 19, 2010

About Me & My Dream

I wish to live in a society based upon self-determination, free cooperation and collective intelligence. I refuse to be enslaved by a political system . While states impose laws upon citizens and authorities prevent agitation through repression. I want to be able to self-manage my life, just as I want to be able to understand, modify or create the tools I use.

I want to resist the never-ending consumption enforced by capitalism, that keeps on producing goods, throwing away and wasting resources, while manipulating peoples' minds, always. I recycle hardware that's considered obsolete, re-animate it with spare parts. I like reaching the limits of out-dated machines, creating rather than consuming, in an attempt to mix imagination , practice and tradition altogether.

I don't want to stay dumb, a know-nothing; or refuse to learn more, a know-everything. I want to remain open towards knowledge, learn and teach, share & discover skills I've never heard of, look beyond the rim of my teacup. I refuse to adhere to the traditional hierarchy which pretends that elders and superiors know better in any field of endeavor, just because they are older.

If technology do facilitate social control and domination, I do believe they can also be used as instruments of self-empowerment, communication and sedition. Since knowledge is more useful when shared rather than kept to oneself, I participate in skill-sharing workshops, or get involved in setting up collective non-commercial tools and "services" such as hardware solidarity projects...

My favorite animal is the pigeon. You can teach a pigeon how to carry messages through borders but you will never be able to prevent them from shitting on all the official statues that we are supposed to venerate. Pigeons are the real PUNKS ! (not simply showing off like the parrot with his pretentious hairstyle !)

My philosophies of life : 1) It's never too late to stay a child ! 2) There is always EITHER a solution OR a joke. 3) I'm not against norms, I only say they are too many to be able to choose one. 4) The most secure door is the door that you can keep open !

This "manifesto" does not aim at speaking up for you. You're free to partly adopt it, fully endorse it, totally reject it. I encourage everyone to write and execute her/his manifesto, experiment his/her ideas, or draw her/his graffiti ! liberté-égalité-fraternité

No comments:

Post a Comment